Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Hiring this company was the biggest mistake of my life!Franklin Van Lines has the worst and most unprofessional bunch of people ever.

I don't know how these people can sleep at night knowing what they are doing to their "valued customers" daily. By the way, they will say they are "carriers" when they really aren't. BEWARE. The sales rep Michael Gould will be your best friend and seem helpful in he beginning but as soon as that contract is signed, he will disappear.

He stopped answering my phone calls and emails about an overcharge the movers made. Then I received an email to contact their customer service and that is a bunch of crock. No one ever answers any of their phone lines in any of their "departments". I have made over a dozen calls and left voicemails just to speak to someone so we could resolve this..

nothing. I asked my sister to call Michael from her phone and left a message pretending to be an interested customer. A few minutes later, a guy name Andrew Wilson calls her back. Once Andrew realized that she was calling in regards to me, he was no help as well.

He simply made broken promises about finding out what's going on and would fix things because he was a higher position than Michael. Days went by and nothing. He was ignoring our calls and emails as well. This company only wants your money.

They do not care you or your belongings. No one would tell me where my stuff was either! The movers on pick up day in Kansas City, MO - August 16, 2017: The dispatcher called me the day before to tell me that the movers will be arriving the next day between 2:00PM-4:00PM. Three men show up in a Ryder truck [RED FLAG] over an hour later than the expected time range.

The main guy who I was doing the paperwork with told me "you don't need insurance" and told me to just sign at the bottom [another RED FLAG]. He added on a bunch of charges AFTER loading my things in the truck which on the contract, it states that "the mover can provide you with a revised statement" HOWEVER, it also states "DO NOT allow the mover to load the truck or perform any services before you agree in writing to the new estimate .. If you have not signed the mover's revised estimate, and the mover loads the truck, then Federal regulation requires that the mover has reaffirmed the original estimate and cannot demand additional payment at delivery for the additional items". They did not stick by the contract.

My original estimate of $1,748.85 went up to $3,049.72. Oh, the sales reps forget to mention over the phone that if you use your credit card, there is a 3% or 5% (can't remember because I chose to do cash transactions) charge as well. I found out by the mover. The original emailed contract also states that "8 stairs = 1 flight for $75" but when the movers came, their paper contract says "7 stairs = 1 flight for $75".

Be prepared for a $225 charge to have your things in storage for days when you never signed up or agreed to having your things stored away. I was expecting my things to be picked up and taken to my location right away, not loaded then unloaded just to reload another truck. August 30, 2017: I finally receive a call saying that my driver is on the way to Maryland and will be calling me 24 hours before arriving to my destination. While I had A PERSON on the phone with the company, I decided to ask Chris about my overcharge issue.

He said the same things and made broken promises as Michael and Andrew did. September 2, 2017: I received a call this morning at 10:45AM from the driver saying that he will be at my location around 5:30PM-6:00PM (not 24 hours in advance). He also said "the remaining balance has to be cash only". I planned on doing cash anyways but why would you not tell your customers that in advance?!

I asked him and his response was "we have nothing to do with that company". That proves my point right there that these people are not "carriers" like Michael stated. The mover called to let me know he wouldn't be in MD coming from Massachusetts at the time he predicted so we scheduled the drop off date to tomorrow at 8:00AM. September 3, 2017: Two movers show up in a Penske truck around 8:00AM as promised.

I handed over the remaining amount in cash in an envelope. I made sure to ask for a receipt as proof. These movers were a lot nicer and more respectful than the ones I encountered on pick up day. As they were unloading my things, I noticed my boxes were all beat up and some were even open or torn.

My plastic bins are all broken and ruined. The "inventory sheet" that the first movers gave me was chicken scratch so I had to remember my things strictly by memory. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR THINGS AND WRITE YOUR ADDRESS ON THEM JUST IN CASE. I didn't even bother asking them to put anything together because I simply just wanted to be done with this moving company nightmare.

I even watched them drop another customer's "tv fragile" box and it busted open. Everything was finally done and took about an hour. I gave them cold water bottles and Pepsi cans and sent them on their way to Virginia and Georgia (next customer locations).

Trust me when I say to just rent a Budget or Uhaul truck and movers SEPERATELY, or ask friends to help load and unload your belongings.This company is horrible and I hope my complaint sent to the FMCSA is handled.

Review about: Franklin Van Lines Moving Service.

Had an Experience with Franklin Van Lines?

Comments